Statement of Faith
WE BELIEVE ...
- the original writings of the Old and New Testaments, namely, the present 66 volumes of the Scriptures, are infallible and unique in their divine inspiration, authority and sufficiency.
- there is one God, yet with three distinct persons ( the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) who are co-equal and to whom equal honour is due.
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten and eternal Son of God.
- in consequence of the Fall, sin came in, and man became ‘lost', and at ‘enmity against God' and ‘without strength' to do the will of God.
- the Holy Spirit's work is essential in regeneration and sanctification.
- the justification of the sinner before God is by faith alone. Every justified one is also born of God. Such new birth results in and is made evident by holiness of life and good works.
- at death the spirit of man does not cease to exist or become unconscious. The dead will be raised bodily either to life or to condemnation, and the blessedness of the righteous and the punishment of the wicked will be eternal.